Minorities and candidates representative of all income classes with previous board fundraising, financial management & accounting, and program development & evaluation experience are highly encouraged to apply.Requirements for Board Service:
1) Commitment to Real Change’s mission and goals.
2) A minimum of a two year commitment (terms are two years, renewable.)
3) Willingness to participate in board development through orientation and ongoing training which includes volunteering with Real Change staff.
4) Willingness to represent the organization to the public.
5) Willingness to participate in board fundraising activities and make a financial contribution to the organization to the best of one’s ability.
6) An average of 10 hours per month of service to board activities.
7) Participation in monthly board meetings (currently, the second Wednesday of the month, 5:45-7:45 pm, at the Real Change office.)
8) Participation on at least one Board committee. Currently, there are five standing committees: Executive, Finance/Fund Development, Board Development, Advocacy, and Personnel.
9) Ability to work respectfully, cooperatively, and collaboratively with others, including diverse groups of people
10) Sense of humor
If you are interested in joining of the Board please contact;
David Bloom, Real Change Board Development Chair
About Real Change
Real Change exists to provide opportunity and a voice for low-income and homeless people while taking action for economic justice.(Read more...)