Major Donor Research Assistant
The Research and Development Assistant is a part-time, non-exempt position (16 hours per week with the potential for expansion as the program grows) reporting to the Founding Director. This position will focus on setting up and preparing for in-person meetings between major donors and Real Change’s Founding Director, staff and board.
Primary roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct research on existing major donors and new potential major donor prospects
- Set up and schedule approximately five meetings per month between major donors (and major donor prospects) and a representative from Real Change.
- Prepare donor packets for RC representative prior to visits,
- Update database with information from recent meetings and next steps
- Prepare and distribute follow up materials for donors following meetings
- Follow up with major donors to ensure that pledges are fulfilled
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on major donor metrics
- Open and positive attitude toward others
- Research experience, particularly using online search engines
- Highly organized, exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Resourceful and persistent
- Demonstrated experience in and comfort with “cold calling”
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with donor databases, particularly The Raiser’s Edge, is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with careful attention to timelines, accurate details, and summarizing data.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Real Change.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Compensation: $13-$15 per hour.
given to applications received by March 7, 2014. Real Change is a diverse and inclusive workplace and women, people of color and people with direct experience with poverty and/or homelessness are encouraged to apply. NO PHONE CALLS.
Be sure to check back frequently for updated volunteer, employment, and internship postings!
About Real Change
Real Change exists to provide opportunity and a voice for low-income and homeless people while taking action for economic justice.(Read more...)